Saturday, April 25, 2009

Zoo at 12mm

Recently I visited the Cleveland MetroParks Zoo to take some photos, usually when I go to the Zoo, I carry a backpack full of lenses. Not this time, this time I took one lens my 12-24mm and set it at 12mm and left it there. Why would I take a 12mm lens to the zoo? Well, I wanted to be a little more creative, by setting the lens to 12mm I paid more attention to what I was viewing in the viewfinder and unlike with a zoom I actually had to move closer or farther away to frame my shot. I also crouched down and pointed the camera up and down while framing my image. This is actually a good way to learn about the different focal length lenses you carry and how they see the world. It was also great just to walk around with my camera and lens and not lug a heavy backpack around. Try it sometime, it's a lot of fun.




To see more of zoo photos go here: Zoo at 12mm

2 comments: